Frequently Asked Questions
How do I submit my supporting documents when I file a complaint?
Is payment of the filing fee required at the time I make the online filing, or can I submit it to the Division later?
- Payment must be made at the time you submit your online filing to the Division.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- Electronic checks, Master Card, Visa, Discover Card, American Express
How do I get my username and password?
- All first-time filers need to create a new user account. When you register as a new user you will create a new user account, including your own password. After you create a new user account, you will receive an email, to the email account you provided when you create the new user account, containing your official Username.
Can I change my Username?
- No you are not able to change your Username, each Username is generated and unique to each user. If you forget your Username, contact the Division and we will be able to assist you.
What are “My Online Filings”?
- Both Registration/Corporate Finance Offerings and Licensing are referred to in STAR as “Online Filings.” “My Online Filings” is where you will go to create a new or renew an Investment Company registration, 506 registration, or an Investment Officer License.
How do I go back to the homepage?
- If you don’t see the option to “Return to Home,” just click on the house button next to Securities STAR System, and it will take you back to the homepage.
What is the difference between “Filing Search” and “New or Existing Filings”?
- “Filing Search” is a search engine anyone can use to look up Securities Registrations made in the State of Ohio. “New or Existing Filings” are for entities or individuals that have actually submitted the filings to the state.
Why am I having trouble filing a Renewal?
- Prior to filing any Renewals, the STAR Online Filing system requires a user to “relate” the individual or company corresponding to the renewal to their user account. This is accomplished by selecting the “Manage Login Account” (is that right?) from the STAR Online homepage. From there, follow the prompts to complete the process of “relating” the individual or firm to your user account.
How do I search for an Order that has been published?
- On the STAR homepage, go to the Search for an Order page. Once you are on the page, you can either enter a date range to search for or you can also enter a key word search. Once you do that, you will see what orders were published during a certain date range or the system will pull up any order that contains the key word that you searched.
How do I bring up a Securities Bulletin that I want to review?
- On the STAR homepage, go to the Search for a Bulletin page. Once you are on the page, you can enter a date of the Bulletin you are interested in or you can run a key word. Once you click search, the system will bring up any Bulletin containing that particular key word or within the date range you choose.